This live demo session shows how to use Java technologies to control the physical world, objects, and sensors. It presents an API for Java SE, Java ME, and Java EE that enables you to interface with external boards and devices to plug different electronic components into your Java application.
The session presents the following demos, with code details:
1. Home Automation with Java and Open Source Hardware
2. Fast Fourier Transform to Control Lamps with a Flute
3. EJB Driven by Temperature
4. Integrating JavaFX Games with Your Houselights
5. Controlling Multiple Robots with NetBeans and Bluetooth
6. Using Kinect as an Interface to Your Java Robots and Home Automation